It is no secret that poker, no matter how fun it is or it may seem, it is a complicated game. And believe it or not, but professional poker players, as well as those who seem to have a horse’s shoe and a four-leaf clover, have started somewhere and that is definitely the beginning. They did not know the basics, the rules, and the regulations and yet, here they are betting all they have got and getting more in the end.
Most of the time, people start out learning how to play the most basic poker game of all. And that is the Texas Hold’em. By far, it is the most popular kind of poker game and you can easily find this playing in every site you can think of. Below are the most well-known poker games that exist.
Texas Hold’em – Sometimes referred to as “Cadillac of Poker”, this game typically involves 2 to 10 players.
Omaha Poker – The origin of this comes from the Texas Hold’em, and thus, allows players, that also involve 2 to 10 players, of the initial game to play this one with ease.
Seven-Card Stud – This one was the first to wear the crown in poker. Many of the first players had to go through this game to learn the basics.
Other poker games include:
- 2-7 triple draw
- Omaha Hi-Lo
- 7-card stud and 8-ot-better
- Open-face Chinese (OFC) Poker
- Pineapple open-face Chinese (OFC) Poker
- Six-plus hold’em poker
- RAZZ poker
Tips and Tricks
- Hands are a Treasure – There is what they call the system of hand rankings. The highest-ranked is the Royal Flush (that is five cards of the same suit, ranked ace through ten), then there is the Straight Flush (five cards of the same suit of consecutive ranks). Next is the Four-of-a-Kind followed by the Full House (that is three of a kind plus one par). The Flush, the Straight and the Three-of-a-Kind, Two Pair, One Pair and then the High Card or no pair. These go for the Texas Hold’em, Omaha, Seven-Card Stud, and Five-Card Draw. However, in games like Razz or Deuce-to-Seven triple draw, the rankings are upside down, with the worst cardholder in the previous games being the winner.
- Blinds and Ante Bets – Blind bets are made in games such as Texas Hold’em and Omaha because they are forced to bet before having dealt with their cards. Antes are for stud games, players place their bets before the hand begins.
- Limit vs. No Limit – No limit games allow players to bet as much as they want, including the infamous “all in”. When talking about pot-limit, that means there is a pot where players can only bet without tipping over.
- Action – There are many different actions in the game of poker. This include:
- Check: decline to bet
- Fold: withdraw from the hand if another player has made a bet
- Bet: placing your bet on the table
- Raise: adding more chips, usually higher than the opponent
- Call: matching the bet of your opponents to stay in the game
- The Betting Rounds – In games like Texas Hold’em and Omaha, there are betting rounds such as…
- Preflop: The bets made before dealing
- Flop: The bets made after the three continuity cards
- Turn: The bets made after the fourth community card
- River: The bets made after the fifth and last community card
- Table Stakes – Whatever amount you had during the start of the game is all you can bet, you cannot take out your wallet and add in some more
Go online and search for Daftar poker online, surely you will find the site that you have been looking for.